Sunday 23 November 2014

Week 7 - Back to work.


I started my new job this week, answering phones and talking to people all day. By the end of the day my lips were all tingly and my mouth had a few new ulcers from the movement of my teeth settling in their new position. 

I stopped taking Panadol daily and only took it a couple off times at night so I could go to sleep. 


My mouth is so much better now. I still have a few teeth that feel loose to me when I eat. Apparently they are not loose, it's just that my teeth are not yet aligned properly, so the teeth that actually touch are quite sore. When I bite down the root of the tooth hurts my gum and because of this I am still avoiding foods that are a bit hard. It's hard work trying to gently chew food twice as long as you would normally because it hurts to much to bite down with your full force. I have become a bit lazy and avoid anything harder than a banana or a sandwich.

Speaking of sandwiches........I had a ham, cheese and tomato sandwich the other day and I couldn't stop smiling. I must have looked like an idiot, sitting by myself smiling at my sandwich, but my teeth had cut through the ham and the tomato like a cookie cutter. I had never seen my own bite mark before. 

I think it's all up and up from here.
Good luck with your operation:)


No comments:

Post a Comment