Tuesday 14 October 2014

Day 11 - Staying cool


I survived the night without a major nosebleed. There were several minor bleeds throughout the day but nothing to be concerned about. The doctor had told me to lean forward during a nosebleed to stop a lot of it going down my throat. This helped immensely as I had previously thought I should have my head back.

I was forced to take it easy and have my mum and husband do everything for me. Every time I walked over to go the toilet or went to pick something up my nose would bleed. There were a lot more clots coming out which I assumed was a good thing.

My sinuses started to feel so clear with a slight burning sensation. It felt like I just took a big sniff of pepper. I was still feeling weak and tired but the worst was behind me now and I could focus on getting better.

I noticed my lower jaw muscles getting quite stiff and hurting. It's almost like they were constantly trying to pull my jaw back to its old position. It felt very tight after the muscles had rested while I was sleeping. At this stage the rest of my face wasn't too bad.

I am missing cuddles from my husband but he is too scared of hurting me if he gets too close. It would be nice just to be held for a little while.

The cold/soft diet has bumped up the texture. See below and it probably doesn't sound very different but believe me, a slightly larger lump in your food makes a huge difference when your trying to swallow it. I'm breaking the bread and cake into the smallest pieces possible and washing them down with a little bit of water. It is difficult to keep food interesting, particularly at the moment while I'm on a cold diet. Still having at least 6 meals/snacks a day although I have dropped another 2kg

Breakfast was a raw egg, milk, nutmeg, banana & honey shake
Morning tea - diced peaches & yoghurt
Lunch - egg sandwich
Afternoon tea - Piece of cake and ice tea
Dinner - mashed salmon, mashed avocado & mashed tomato
After dinner - rice pudding
Midnight snack - mashed banana

No comments:

Post a Comment