Wednesday 15 October 2014

Day 12 - Bleeding tears.


Well, well, well, what a turn. Massive nose bleed last night with several clots. It was running out of my eye and a little difficult to contain. Probably the worst one I've had, yet I felt reasonably calm having been through it before. I ended up back in emergency again. I'm familiar with a few staff members now which made it easier. It was a relatively quick admission procedure to get me back to the ward.

Several people in emergency thought id been in a car accident and others thought I had been bashed. It was a little embarrassing to admit that it was elective surgery. I wasn't nervous but I felt I needed to be at the hospital just in case.

The doctors agreed with me and decided to keep me in under observation. They still believe that it is old blood from my sinuses just being released particularly now there are a lot more clots and I find it smelly and such a bad taste. The bleeding through the eye duct poses no threat to my sight, it's just an overflow.

So here I am again, in good spirits, feeling quite well and being taken care of with no guilt. I felt a bit of a burden at home continuously asking for a drink or something to eat, tissues, glasses etc. I think I wore everyone out being confined to bed so it's all worked out for the best.

Can't believe it's only been 12 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment