Monday 6 October 2014

Day 3 - Can't recognise myself

I'm loving these "New Days". I can see I am improving now. Yeah!!

I managed to drink through a straw and eat from a teaspoon today. It was like feeding a baby. I kept pushing the purée through the little gap in my mouth and it eventually had to go down.

I also decided it was time to see the surgeons handy work. I had photos taken but not seen myself yet. My family had said that they could see a change and I would be very happy with what had been done. So I checked out my photos and looked in the mirror. What a strange thing to feel. It was Me but a different Me.

Taking aside the bruising and swelling it was just strange to only recognise your own eyes but not your face, nose, everything looked different. I looked like a big chipmunk with a big puffy face although now I can breathe without thinking about it.

Oh big sleeps today. It was time to rest.



No comments:

Post a Comment