Wednesday 8 October 2014

Day 5 - Bruising at its best


Crashed today. I thought I was doing really well but today I have no energy and my mouth is so sore from talking and particularly when eating with a spoon. The doctor told me talking was a good exercise for my jaw but right now I don't want to say a single word. My lips are all split even though I keep using Vaseline to protect them.

On to some exciting news. My surgeons' office called and scheduled an appointment for 2 days time. I'm still wearing my sticking plaster so I'm hoping this will come off and I can see my new face. My family said the surgery took longer than expected so I'm looking forward to finding out a few more details too.

I have the ability to move my tongue around now and can feel stitches in the inside of my cheeks. Of course I can't open my mouth to see what's going on so I'm curious as to why.I wonder if it's from my wisdom teeth. There is a little bit of numbness and tingling in the lips but it's difficult to tell what's really happening until this plaster comes off.

The bruising has peaked and is starting to subside a little from my chest although now I can see yellow bruising under my eyes and a little bit more bruising creeping out from under the plaster. Can't wait till Friday.


No comments:

Post a Comment