Friday 10 October 2014

Day 7 / Week 1 - Panic stations with blood everywhere!




Woohoo! It's been 1 week and the plaster is off. It's so much better. My face was getting itchy underneath the plaster. The doctor said everything was going well. He was a little shocked at the amount of bruising I have. Some people bruise, some don't. Unfortunately I bruise badly. Now I have the plaster off, I just look like I have been beaten up.

It was fascinating watching in the mirror while the plaster was pulled off. It was like an unveiling. I couldn't stop smiling, well, trying to anyway. I love my jaw line. I just kept touching it. The doctor says now I have a power jaw. I look like a business woman.Even-though there is still a lot of swelling and bruising I can see it is just as I wanted.

They didn't need to remove my wisdom teeth but said when they cut along the top gum, the nose can become wider. They have pinned mine so it will stay where it is. At the moment it looks smaller and a little turned up on the end but again we can't really tell until the swelling goes down.

Today did take its toll. The journey to the hospital and back really shook me up. Every bump and turn went right through my head. By the time I got home I was exhausted and emotional from the pain. I couldn't even think straight but nothing a big sleep couldn't fix.

I still only have control over a few facial muscles. I can manage half a smile but the right side still doesn't move. The colour is good in my lower jaw but my top jaw is still white. It's a little bit of a concern to me but I'm so happy right now, I'm not worrying.

I asked the doctor for stronger pain killers. I wasn't coping with the pain. It hurts all the time but now I can concentrate on other things as well. I still look at myself in the mirror with disbelief at what I've done, but at the same time, excited with the results.

And just when you thought it was going to get boring....

As I said, today took its toll. I was having trouble concentrating to put a sentence together so I decided to have an early night.

I got up to go to the toilet around 9pm and my nose just started dripping blood onto the floor. It wasn't a real surprise but I thought I had been lucky enough to escape the blood noses. It stopped after about half an hour so I took my painkillers and went back to bed.

Half an hour after that, I awoke swallowing something warm running down the back of my throat. Within seconds the flow was getting faster and faster. I sat up and the next thing blood was streaming into my lap from my nose and running down inside my throat like a warm thick shake. I wasn't expecting this!

We drove to the hospital in a bit of a panic not knowing what was happening. I had 2 hands of tissues with blood running down my wrists just concentrating on breathing while my husband ran red lights and doubled the speed limit to get back to emergency.

The staff in emergency managed to stop the bleeding, which had gone on for about 45 minutes. They weren't really familiar with the operation I had so decided to and keep me in ICU for the night and transfer me tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment