Sunday 12 October 2014

Day 9 - Damn blood clots!



Today was a better day. I spent all day in bed sleeping on and off but no more bleeds since 4am. I had coughed up a couple of blood clots but I felt like I had a stringy blood clot stuck in the back of my throat. I couldn't shift it. It was so annoying. It stopped me from eating. Previously I had broken up little bits of bread and swallowed them to scrape the blood off the inside of my throat as it went down but this clot wouldn't let anything pass.

The doctor decided to use a nebuliser with saline in it every 4 hours to try and dislodge the clot. Success!! No more clots and no more bleeding.

With everything that has gone on I have neglected to tell you how happy I am with my new jaw. The swelling has gone down substantially and it looks fantastic. Even my daughter said I look amazing. Not that I intended, but it looks like I've had a bit of a facelift. I have no wrinkles and look 10 years younger. I realise there is still a lot of swelling to subside but I love it so far. As I said to the doctor, "I'm so happy with the outcome so far and really glad that I went through with the surgery but if it needed to be re-done for any reason, I don't think I could go through it all again."

I still can't see much of my teeth but I am able to swallow a lot more. The bread is great to keep the throat clear of gunk. I've tried soft stewed fruit but I struggle to swallow it so I've taken it off the menu. I'm loving the custards and yogurts. They are nice and cool going down my sore throat and easily eaten from a desert spoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment